Frequently Asked Questions

Home/RESOURCES/Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions2018-11-21T13:03:27-05:00
How do I find out about OVR (Office of Vocational Rehabilitation) services?2018-11-21T12:51:21-05:00

-Log on and sign in. Click on Request for Services and select the option for Office of Vocational Rehabilitation- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation Services and follow the steps. Within 15 days, you’ll be contacted by OVR to discuss the next steps by phone, mail or email.
-Call Altoona OVR Office 1-800-442-6343
-For OVR Blind and Visual Services, call 1-866-695-7973

Are all jobs and employers eligible to participate in the OJT program?2018-11-21T10:37:42-05:00

The vast majority of jobs and employers are eligible to participate, but there are a few restrictions. Speak with your Career Planner for further detail.

How do I let employers know I am eligible to participate on the OJT program?2018-11-21T10:36:56-05:00

Once you have met all of the requirements your Career Planner will give you an OJT eligibility letter that you can attach to job applications, resumes and/or present to a potential employer during the interview process.

How do job seekers become eligible to participate in the OJT program?2018-11-21T10:32:45-05:00

To be eligible, job seekers must complete a Welcome Orientation, be registered for service under WIOA, develop a professional resume and meet certain numeracy and literacy requirements. Eligible job seekers include those registered as Out of School Youth (16 to 24) Adult (18 and older) or Dislocated Worker (18 and older).

What is On The Job Training?2018-11-21T10:30:30-05:00

The On The Job Training (OJT) program can reimburse employers a portion of an employee’s wages while they learn their new job.

What age group is eligible for youth services through WIOA?2018-11-21T10:19:24-05:00

The WIOA Youth Program serves individuals ages 14 – 24.

What is the Paid Work Experience Program (Year Round & Summer Work Program)?2018-11-21T12:52:08-05:00

The Paid Work Experience Program is a work program funded through TANF or WIOA for youth interested in gaining skills through completing a job. You must meet eligibility and suitability guidelines in order to be considered for the program.

What kind of services does WIOA offer?2018-11-19T16:01:29-05:00

WIOA offers assistance with job search, resume writing, interview skills/mock interviews, career exploration, assessments, labor market information, possible classroom training and/or on-the-job training.

How do I know if I am eligible for the WIOA program?2018-11-19T15:53:14-05:00

After completing initial paperwork (preliminary assessment survey) you will be scheduled to meet with a Career Planner for an eligibility appointment; they will then determine your eligibility.

Is there someone at the CareerLink I can talk to about my Unemployment Claim?2018-11-19T10:44:07-05:00

PA CareerLink does not staff Unemployment personnel.
You may use the Unemployment Courtesy phone to contact Unemployment from the PA CareerLink office: Monday 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, Tuesday 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, Thursday 11:00 am – 3:00 pm

What is the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)?2018-11-19T09:48:20-05:00

WIOA is a federal program. It is designed to assist job seekers look for full-time employment, at a self-sufficient wage, through individualized career and training services. Services are provided by a Career Planner.

How do I find out what services are available?2018-11-19T08:29:02-05:00

Stop by your local CareerLink office and ask to speak with a staff member or someone on the Welcome Team; they will then ask you to complete a preliminary assessment survey.

Does WIOA have eligibility requirements?2018-11-19T10:07:56-05:00

Yes. Participants must be determined eligible in order to receive WIOA services.

When is the PACareerLink® office open?2018-11-19T10:58:01-05:00

Each PACareerLink® office has different hours of operation.

To view a specific county’s hours of operation, click the link below:

Bedford County
Blair County
Cambria County
Fulton County
Huntingdon County
Somerset County

When is the Unemployment Courtesy Phone available?2019-07-17T09:57:25-05:00

The Unemployment Courtesy Phone, that is located at the PACareerLink® office, is available on the following days:

Monday- 11:00 A.M.- 3:00 P.M.
Tuesday- 11:00 A.M.- 3:00 P.M.
Thursday- 11:00 A.M.- 3:00 P.M.

For general inquiries, you may also chat with an Unemployment Compensation Representative by clicking HERE and clicking the “LiveCHAT” button.

When is the Unemployment office open?2018-12-28T13:59:47-05:00

You may reach Unemployment Compensation by calling 1-888-313-7284.

Monday- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday- 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

There are no Unemployment personnel on staff at the PACareerLink office.